- Alps Touchpad Driver Linux Mint
- Alps Dell Touchpad Driver Windows 10
- Alps Touchpad Driver Windows 7 64
- Alps Touchpad Driver Windows 10
- Dell Alps Touchpad Driver Linux
Now I know that this has been asked several times here but I couldn't find any decent solution to it.
Currently the ALPS touchpad driver supports seven protocol versions in use by ALPS touchpads, called versions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. Brief update to installing the ALPS driver set. I followed the below instructions but found the driver was now at this location. As users will note this is now version 0.11 of the ALPS driver and the line to remove in this version is line 137.
- How do I get my touchpad working on Linux Mint? Update Cancel. Seth Bergman, Full Stack Engineer. How do I make my touchpad work better in Linux? How do I get my TV to work as a monitor for Linux Mint? (or however its named on your distro) driver. Try to apt-get search for synaptics.
- Has anyone found a driver that works for the Alps Touchpad? Win7-Win10-9879-Linux New 09 Nov 2014 #3. And here Alps touchpad driver have compatibility issues.
- Alps Touchpad on Dell: how do I install the DKMS driver to enable multitouch? Ask Question. How to successfully install the ALPS Touchpad DKMS driver. GlidePoint 3.6 touchpad driver GlidePoint 3.6 touchpad driver for Linux. (Converted from a rpm package by alien version 8.79ubuntu0.1.).
- Download ALPS Keyboard & Mouse drivers, firmware, bios, tools, utilities.
I am running Ubuntu 12.04 on my DELL N5110 and my touchpad is detected as a mouse, So I don't have the touchpad options availiable. Can't use multitouch and can't disable it either.
I have tried the dkms driver from this link.
But when I tried to install it with
dpkg -i command,
dpkg returns the following error:
I have installed all the updates as well.
Alps Touchpad Driver Linux Mint
Can someone help me out with this issue?Braiam
I had exact same problem on my Inspiron N5110 running Ubuntu 12.04 but was able to fix it using patch and instructions provided in these two links.
Touchpad is now recognised as a AlpsPS/2 ALPS DualPoint TouchPad and Touchpad tab is enabled in System Settings. Unfortunately, scrolling is still not an option.. :-(
At least touchpad is disabled while typing, which was the biggest problem for me resulting in cryptic writings! :-) Also Fn+F3 is working now (aka, touchpad toggle).
With the last update, multitouch has been enabled on Inspiron N5110. All you need to do is install this DKMS. I think it should work for all laptops with Alps touchpad. Here are more detailed instructions on installing this module than in links provided in the answer. You'll have to change any reference of 'psmouse-alps-dst-0.1' to 'psmouse-alps-alt-1.3' (the latest version).
This one works beautifully.
Download the source from the link below and place
psmouse-alps-dst-0.4 folder in
/usr/src/ (you need root permission).
install.sh with root permission (Ctrl+Alt+T)
You can now configure the Touchpad in System Settings.Peachy
How to successfully install the ALPS Touchpad DKMS driver
Download and try to install the deb file from here as the question indicates, using
sudo dpkg -i. It will fail with the error in the question, which is fine (see bottom of the answer if you want to know the technical reason why.)
To build it, type/paste the following, line-by-line, in the terminal:
Alps Dell Touchpad Driver Windows 10
- The driver should work now; reboot just in case.
- DKMS should also automatically recompile whenever you upgrade/change kernels. DO NOT install the
What was the problem?
- The build log shows that compiling the module fails because of an error at character 33 in line 135 of the
- That line is
module_param(alps_dump_packets, int, 0644);
- The compiler expects an argument (variable name) to follow the
int, but there is none.
- Since the previous line 134 disables the
static int alps_dump_packets = 0;), we are probably safe simply deleting the offending line 135 with
sed, which allows the module to successfully build.
Alps Touchpad Driver Windows 7 64
I've bought a DELL Latitude E6430 with ubuntu preloaded, I found the glidepoint driver installed. 2 fingers scroll ok, pinch zoom ok, everything working. I looked for it in the dell repos, but no luck, so I did:
Cara install printer epson l210. and found this
so I repacked it with
and now I have this to share:
try on your ubuntu, let me know if works.
Brief update to installing the ALPS driver set..
I followed the below instructions but found the driver was now at this location.
As users will note this is now version 0.11 of the ALPS driver and the line to remove in this version is line 137.
Find and contact HP Customer Support, download drivers, manuals and troubleshooting information for HP products, including pcs, laptops, desktops, printers, tablets, apps and services. For Samsung Print products, enter the M/C or Model Code found on the product label. Next, enter your HP model number on the right. (2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page. Hp atheros model qcwb335. Find great deals on eBay for hp ar5b125. Shop with confidence.
With these minor changes my Ubuntu 12.04 install (also on a Dell N5110) enabled the touchpad. Still no success with enabling edge or two-finger scrolling as yet, although the edge-scrolling option is now not grayed out in the Mouse and Touchpad control panel.
Alps Touchpad Driver Windows 10
Dell Alps Touchpad Driver Linux
protected by Community♦Nov 25 '12 at 20:00
Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?